statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Promotion

oil stick, charcoal/paper

7 comments:

Eva said...

That one does have a powerful energy the first time you see it. I love that it has a pulse, a heartbeat almost. Wonderful work.

Aleks said...

Wow,this is wonderful! That fishing sounds great too, :O)
Greetings ! Aleksandra
Im off to Carrie's blog!

Laura said...

really strong and powerful. enjoyed reading your interview:)

jbkrost said...

Thank you eva.....
I always enjoy your comments!
I like that you feel the pulse.
I do enjoy working with the charcoal and oil sticks, I keep trying diffrent materials, ya never know what will appeal.
jb


aleks
thanks the fishing has been great... We fish for Great Lakes steelhead, its a type of trout that gets pretty large, When you get them on a flyrod its crazy
jb

Thanks laura...
yeah thought it would be neat to do the answers to the questions, I have been trying to open up a bit and not feat showing my guts.
thanks for the comment.
love your paintings
jb

Katherine said...

JB this image just grabbed me as I perused the blogs I follow on my dashboard. I love your fearlessness with painting your inner world!

jbkrost said...

katherine...
Thanks so much, quite a nice comment, yeah the inner-world thing can be a bit revealing at times
thanks again
jb

jbkrost said...

Kathrine...
apperciate the comment, I guess I'm a little late in a response, better late than never.
love the figures you've broken out keep them coming.
jbk