statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Monday, June 21, 2010


yellow
digital photo

dusk

14 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

This is wonderful. The yellow and black. Shadows.

Jenny said...

This reminds me of the photo you posted on FoS. I like this very much as well. Colors like a poisonous frog.

I really appreciate artists like you who are not afraid of showing dark elements as well as bright ones. Too much sweetness, sunlit meadows, etc, just make me yawn. I like the sun, but I need sunglasses, so to speak. Glad you include shadows in your art, as this makes the expression more real and honest.

jbkrost said...

thanks katelen..
still learning
jb


jenny
thanks, this is an industrial area I snoop around they dont like people taking photos
yeah, I apperciate the darks more than the lights, although I am in the middle of a several painting series that I have totally changed my pallet. it shows very bright stark colors it was inspired by my eyes being dialated and walking into the bright sun light(really bizarre)
thanks

GoGo said...

digging your stuff.
nice find.
~GoGo

Laura said...

excellent!

jbkrost said...

gogo....
thanks, glad you like it...gogo that name makes me want to dance!


thanks laura,
your a doll and your work is outstanding!

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Great!! The black and the yellow is stunning.

jbkrost said...

Thanks momo!!
apperciate the words.
Is that painting done yet?
still waiting
jbk

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Haha, no, i'm drawing lately and the garden is very tempting at the moment. This weekend i'm busy (camping tomorrow) so i hope to paint again next week, in between all what i have to do (work, kids etc...)
Sweet greetz for you!

SKIZO said...

Wonderful

good
sources

of
Inspiration

jbkrost said...

Momo...
No pressure!
the longer we wait the more the tension rises
jbk


Skizo
Thanks
Yeah inspiration comes where you find it, if this helps, glad to be of service
jbk

Aleks said...

Beautiful contrast and colours!

jbkrost said...

Aleks..
thanks, always apperciate your comments, still trying to learn this thing.
thanks
jbk

mariana semino said...

Great photo!!
Mariana