statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Departed



The Departed

28"x 34"
acrylic/fluted sbs

8 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

Looks like someone's crossing over; my question is: Which way? I like it a lot. I see the same blue in your header.

jbkrost said...

Thanks Hallie!
Yeah, blue seems to be my comfort color, glad you like!
Does anyone really know "which way" to go?
Thanks

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Repeating myself: love it a lot! And yes loving your special blue also a lot.... especially when you mix it with bright red.
Have a great weekend!

jbkrost said...

Thanks mono!
Glad your liking this, I've been a bit slow in my production lately, but things will pick up as I get more settled.
besides, we have a little trading to do!!

joyce krost said...

I like it a lot...very interessting. Hope you get this. For some reason I have trouble getting my comments to you.

jbkrost said...

Thanks Joycey!!
I haven't been here lately to get them...
I have it now thanks!

Harry Kent said...

I'm a sucker for blue, as you probably know, JB. And blue is the right color for the chilling, haunting piece - an image that stays with me.

jbkrost said...

Harry,
Thanks! sorry for not responding earlier....
There's been alot of shuffling around on this end.
Yeah, blue is my comfort color.