statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Saturday, September 24, 2011

Solution



Solution

28"x 34"
acrylic/fluted sbs

4 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

To me this looks more like a problem than a solution. Great work--again.

jbkrost said...

thank you Hallie...
there's more than one way to skin a cat...
problem vs. solution
thanks again

Anonymous said...

This is really weird, especially with Chris Isaac moanin' in the background. ;-)
I like the 'split-screen' composition and shadows, the mournful looking figure - like she's hung out to dry - and the color. Very effective.

PS: Speaking of the soundtrack, I notice you've got Playlist.com, which I used to use 'til they put ads in the playlists every few minutes. That's when I dumped 'em. Do they still do that? I haven't been able to tell 'cause the music cuts off when I go to the comments page.
BTW, did you know that if you use the pop-up window for comments instead of the whole page, the music doesn't stop?

jbkrost said...

Albert...
Thanks, yeah a little weird, I was trying to break up the space, and insert a composition in each.
I just let it rip, this is what happens when the mind loosens up.

I'll check into the player, its irritating when the music cuts out.
thanks again