statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Saturday, March 19, 2011

Discharge 6 (bakers dozen)



















Mixed Medium

all aprox. 8.5"x6"


I belong to a small but active group of mostly digital artists
Discharge 6


8 comments:

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Oh this is great! I am happy already to see all these drawings. Where can i buy this book? To have one of your originals in a book, wow! :-D

Poetic Artist said...

I really like your work. It seems to tell a story with out words.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Wow; all terific works. I think my favorite is the third from the bottom.

jbkrost said...

Momo...
Thanks so much...
unfortunatly, the book is not for sale... it is just a project of original work, that each artist that submits to, then receives their own copy. the cool thing is that they are all diffrent.
Thanks again


Kathleen...
thanks.. that really means alot!
I saw your painting of the red tree... very nice!
thanks again


Hallie...
Thanks, glad you like... there really pretty crude, but I have always apperciated the naive and outsider work..
and this has given me a chance to loosen up, and not worry about the finer points

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Oh too bad. :-( Lol But it must be great to have such a book. :-)

David Larson Evans said...

Love the whole page

David Larson Evans said...

I enjoyed these works and I hung out and listened to Cowboy Junkies,thanks

jbkrost said...

David...
sorry for the late reply, I must have missed it...
Much thanks, and truly love "The Cowboy Junkies" I seen them quite a few times now and love them, it you stick around after their shows, You usually get to meet Margo and the band.
thanks again