statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Sunday, July 18, 2010


Fishman
Urban Myth

35"x28"
acrylic/fluted sbs


12 comments:

Eva said...

I love the colors in this one as well as the last one. Sometimes the simplicity can make something that much more intense.

Poetic Artist said...

The shadows..The ghosts...the paths. We all have them..I always enjoy your work.
Katelen

Unknown said...

JB!
This one is very good (storyteller ).
This is what I often feel when I am alone, and feel someone coming after me…
I feel afraid of the dark . I like the colours
and composition !

All the best …Liv

Anonymous said...

It's also weird how effectively you have discharged this one from that murky back room.

Great work.

I've never heard the Fishman tale, but I bet I could tell it from this.

jbkrost said...

Eva...
thanks, this is a small series I'm trying out, I kinda like the stripped down colors, yeah the other is a bit dark and stark, its kinda like the black and white photos
jbk


Katelen,
thanks
I've always had these type of things lurking in the back of my mind


Liv...
Thanks, don't fear it, the painting is stark white, but it actually represents the dark( does that make any scense?)
thank much
jbk


A.D.
thanks apperciate your view's, as you have a talent for digging and exposing,
one day I'll tell you the tale over a cold brew
jbk

Brian Sylvester said...

JBK,

I've been to Ohio - went to school in Wooster and one side of my family is from Akron. The woods always give birth to the urban legends. We had Mothman back in WV, and no matter were you go, something is lurking. Great work here!

Have a good one,
Brian

jbkrost said...

Brian...
Thanks.
Hey next time you roll through, give me a heads up!
apperciate the nod
jbk

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Gorgeous! I'm glad these stories lurk in the back of your mind and that you share them with us thru your paintings.
So very beautiful painting.....

jbkrost said...

Momo....
Thanks apperciate that you enjoyed the painting...
Seems we have another book out there, from another talented artist
congrats on your book! hope you sell millions of them
jb

Eva said...

I try not to think about my fears, but they lurk around like your figures in your painting. So little says so much and you've done it so well!

Michelle Alexander said...

I like the starkness of this image - very evocative.

jbkrost said...

Eva..
thanks its better to keep your fear out in front, that way the suprise isn't as shocking.
thanks, apperciate your insight
jbk


michelle..
thank you, yeah this is a small series that I've been working on stripping away color and focusing on composition and form and subject matter.
thanks for clicking on.
your doing some very nice work
jbk