statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Thursday, July 1, 2010


Dilated

acrylic/fluted sbs
40"x27"


12 comments:

Eva said...

Sometimes it can be relaxing to see a painting of neutral colors. This feels like a journey. Beautiful.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

I have already sow this beautifull works on the other blog,
really good and full of meaning

jbkrost said...

Thanks Eva..
Yeah thats all I could see at the time, My eyes were fully dialated it was a visual trip, without the side effects.
Everything was washed out, I'm working on a short series of these
jb



Vienna...
Thank you for checking them both out, I've been fortunate enough too contribute to several pages.
it gives me a chance to branch out a little bit, and rub elbows with diffrent types of artists and writers.
thanks,
Your photos are really coming along very well, I like the fact that your branching yourself.

jb

Unknown said...

Beutiful Jb!
I like your colours a lot , and I can feel what your paintings says to me !

Best Liv

Cris said...

You have a great work, very emotional. I love it.
Thanks for you presence on my blog. I really appreciate it.

Hugs!

Laura said...

stunning-well captured.

jbkrost said...

Liv...
Thanks alot, glad that you feel that way! I have changed my pallet to fit the reason for the painting.
its hard to get it all down in one frame, and not get lost in translation
jb


crissant...
Thanks, yeah Caio told me if I didn't take a look, he'd put the Brizilian juju on me!
You have wonderful work and look forward to seeing the rest!
Thanks
jb


Laura...
thanks, aperciate the words, it's somewhat a departure of my norm, but I'm doing 5-10 of these for a small series for a change of pace, I want to loosen up a bit
thanks
jb



By the way...
I really love all your ladies work!
I would love a big dinner party and have you bring your favorite paintings snd writings and hang them on my wall!
then you could leave them there, and I would forget to return them.

David Larson Evans said...

Excellent, I have added you to my new blog list.

Eva said...

I've been there and you really captured the feeling if dilated sight! Nice!

jbkrost said...

thank you david...
allow me to do the same!
you really nailed the painting with the bridge and figure
jb


Eva..
thanks yeah it was really intense, I apperciate you stopping by
jb

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Very beautiful JB,
i fall in love with your work more and more. So much to discover, so much more than the first look on it. Beautiful colors, very dreamlike and although soft there's tension in the image. Just awesome....

jbkrost said...

Momo...
Your good for the soul!
thanks
jb