statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Thursday, January 7, 2010

Industrial Star 

 digital photo 
 

8 comments:

Eva said...

That is dedication! Glad you risked it, I love the photo.

jbkrost said...

thanks Eva!
apperciate it
jb

layers said...

what will artists go through to get their image-- glad you did

jady said...

this photograph is spectacular...if you took is double the KUDOS dood!

jady said...

wait you guess you're happy with it???
dont be coy...all the impurity in it goes up with all that smoke...it's pure and real...damn.

jbkrost said...

layers...
jady.....
thanks for seeing and understanding the photo....
yeah I snapped the shot, it took 3 weekends to get it, the way I wanted it. it was shot in predawn light. I had to move quick, its amazing how the light changes at that time in the morning. plus the elements were really working
against me.
But I came away with some other interesting images
jb

Ruela said...

I like it, looks like Mad Max stuff!

Kudos.

Waterloo Kitchen Renovations said...

Thank you forr sharing