statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Thursday, January 22, 2009



The Return

acrylic/canvas

2 comments:

Holly Friesen said...

very peaceful image compared to your others,
centered with movement. Your images have a haunting honesty about them.
Do you remember your dreams much? always curious about this, when people are so connected to their unconscious imagery do they need to remember their dreams as much?
Does this piece have a title?

jbkrost said...

I do remember them......
but it doesnt seem all that important, sometimes it feels like life is somewhat a dream, like those few moments right before
your actually sleeping,like that small gap between here and there.
I think that this is the way I keep intouch with my unconsciousnss. since I was a little boy I was doodling and day dreaming.
the title is "The Return"
thanks for your comments
they carry weight with me
jbk