statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Sunday, December 7, 2008

Western Dreams
acrylic/canvas
inspired by Neko Case

Most of my work is a journey as well as statement of my surroundings. things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us. I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just cant get them all.
I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told.
We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, and may make you pay more attention to your own world.
At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going, not all of it is pretty.
jbk.

2 comments:

Holly Friesen said...

cool blog, i like the way you write and paint, resonates with my inner world. Full of dark beauty within and without. good to meet you.

jbkrost said...

thank you.....
it is good to meet you also,
I dont really attempt the beauty part, just a small message
jb