statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Monday, November 22, 2010


Blue Room
5ft x 4ft
acrylic/canvas

This is a repost of this painting.......

I always liked it.

 Belive it or not it's hanging in my living room right above the couch.
Momo asked about it so I figured I would dig through my files and do a repost.
I usually do 1 really large painting a year maybe 2 I work on them through out the summer.
this was done 2 summers ago

8 comments:

Liv Sørvaag said...

Hi !
This painting is amazing , wow !

Laura said...

i concur with liv. the figure at the bottom of work is so compelling. bravo.

Ruela said...

This is very cool!

Harry Kent said...

i'm so glad you reposted it, JB. It's quite amazing, haunting, troubling, yet aesthtically very satisfying. The surreal figure in the foreground and the predatory creature that patrols our nighmares emblazen themselves on our memory. Fantastic!

jbkrost said...

Liv....
Thanks, Glad you like!
where have you been? always looking forward to your work


Laura...
also apperciate your nod...
These things come from nowhere, and end up here.
thanks


Ruela...
Your a prince..
thanks


Harry...
You have an amazing way of breaking things down, Yeah these things are true to your comment.
thanks for swinging by

Charles Farrell Collage said...

Another stunning work by you! Great imagery and juxtaposition work powerfully here.

Momo Luna said...

Tnx JB, nice of you for reposting it. I already looked it up in your archive. It's an awesome painting and i LOVE this one a lot. But, i repeat myself ;-), i love all your paintings very much.

Sweet greetz!

jbkrost said...

Charles...
Hey, thanks, apperciate the comment, I checked in on your pages, the work there always impresses me, love it


Monica,(momo)
thanks, I am happy you took the time to check it out, I reposted it for you...
And I also love all your work, hope all is well