statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Tuesday, June 8, 2010


http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/fosebook-summer-2010-%28electronic%29/11254648?showPreview

Hey...
This is really cool, I have been involved in a group project and recently have submitted some paintings for a  e-book (fosebook) from the FOS (flowers of sulfur) project and a few have been accepted.
I feel really fortunate to have been involved in the project, and the editors have made the project fly through all the expected bumps and curves.
For those not acquainted with F.O.S. its a group of writers and artist joining together from all over the world. Joined with a common goal of expressing their views and talents in courteous and powerful way, with respect and vigor.
The link is Flowers of Sulfur
It is always interesting and informative to see whats happening in others minds and countries.
 I invite everyone to check us out.
The book is FREE for download and will going to print when the editing team has approved to final layout.
http://fosebooks.blogspot.com is the site that our group has been working from to bring this project to fruition.
More info will be posted when its available

5 comments:

Laura said...

congratulations, jb. and, i love the self portrait.

Shayna Prentice said...

Yes, Congratulations, JB! I am enjoying exploring the Flowers of Sulfur site.

jbkrost said...

hey....
Thanks ladies, there has been a problem with the comment box. it has just reapeared..
yeah check it out if you have time, the download is FREE and you can get a printed one later
thanks again
jbk

Eva said...

I just downloaded the ebook and read some of the prose/poetry. Fascinating! I particularly enjoyed your art.

jbkrost said...

Thank you eva...
yeah, I havn't had that much time myself...
so I go in little doses, I've been busy with a bit of canvas work.
But it is interesting!
thanks
jb