statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Friday, May 21, 2010

Azul Fantasma (blue ghost)
acrylic/canvas
36"x28"

inspired by Steve Earl
When the ghosts in your bedroom won't rest.
 Sometimes these things ring true.

18 comments:

Shayna Prentice said...

Wow. Beautiful!

Poetic Artist said...

I just found your blog and I really like your work.
Enjoy
Katelen

Jenny Enochsson said...

The blue shades are wonderful. The atmosphere comes across as both eerie and soothing to me.

Jenny Enochsson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jbkrost said...

Thanks Shayna
apperciate your comment, this would look good above that wicker sofa.
thanks
jb


Katelen,
thanks, glad you found your way here. stick around, there are some interesting people who drop in from time to time, I love them
jb


Jenny,
thanks erie and soothing is what I was after, I wanted you to feel the weight of the air and the tension of the moment, hope it worked.
thanks
jb

Thea Schrack said...

The painting follows nicely the last post of the Blue Tressle, it's all somehow workin' together, don't you love that. All my best,
Thea

jbkrost said...

Thanks Thea...
apperciate that, yeah love it when thing work together, I didn't really intend for it to follow like it did, somtimes it take another set of eyes to point these things out.
thanks
jb

Caio Fernandes one more Lord's lamb said...

this is good and intriguing . and Hey !1 has a brasilian name !

San said...

This creeps me out quite effectively. Reminds me of a dream that tells the truth one has tried to hide.

Eva said...

I love the colors in this one. It has a very cold feeling, that reminds me of winter and sorrow. You really create an emotion with everything you paint.

jbkrost said...

ciao.....
yes thought a spanish title would be appropiate, hope you survived your birthday
thanks for the comment
jb



San,
thanks, as they say you can run but you can't hide.
there are always secrets that try to hide, sooner or later they surface.
thanks
jb



Eva,
thanks your a doll, these are a qualities and emotions that as a painter one tries to express. And to have someone tell you this, makes it all worth while, even though I at times have my doubts
thanks
jb

Liv Sørvaag said...

Hi there JB!

beutiful painting , dreamy,
and so nice palette !
Have creative days :-)

all the best from
Liv

Momo Luna said...

Awesome JB. I love your silent landscapes with all its shadows and mysteries. It's peaceful and uneasy at the same time. I like that.

Sweet greetz from Holland!

jbkrost said...

hello liv...
Thanks for clicking in, apperciate the comments. if I could only get closer to that Sorvaag type of painting I would be happy
jb



Hey Momo...
Thanks, you have a perceptive eye,
yes I am attempting to get you (the viewer) to see but more than that "feel" the moment and a type of tension in the work.
thanks so much
jb

Eva said...

You manage to accomplish what you set out to do with this piece as I do see some of the things I'm dealing with in this painting! Very provocative!

jbkrost said...

Thank you Eva...
I see you can read between the lines.
thanks
jb

A.Decker said...

This really does look, and feel, a lot like a dream.

Nice job.

jbkrost said...

AD...
thanks, sorry took so long to comment back.
apperciate your nod
jbk