statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Thursday, April 15, 2010





Uncle Sam/Tax Day
digital photo/Drunk on Halloween

Hey.........   What The!!!!!
  What is he going for NOW??
Uncle Sam is even going for this????
For my friends not living in the U.S. today is tax day, it warms us to the very bone to give up 30%-45% of our income, just so we can fight a bogus war, have a terrible education system, high crime,give our money to the banks that stick it too us every chance they get, while our politicians fight like little school girls about what ever is bothering them.

For the U.S. freinds, Hope they didn't get you too bad!

Don't get drunk with Uncle Sam!!!

5 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

wow !! this Uncle Sam is going to do something really naughty .
here tax is more than 70% . the brasilian works 9 and half months of the year just for paying taxes .... and we don't have any public hospitals , public schools , public nothing .
do we need a "revolucion" ? hahah!! hope not .
happy tax day !!
and tell the lady to take care with the uncle sam !

Caio Fernandes said...

i know you don't care , but after your post i went to make so research and i don't want to spread lies all over internet !
so the true is that here we just work 5 months a year for paying taxes .... ufff ... now i feel better !!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Hi ... about tax: I love Austria, we pay tax too yes, but we have all, hospitals, school, insurance... it is really a good feeling..

In Italy the situation is not so good like Austria...

kiss

Matthew said...

I got hit BAD by Uncle Sam this year! Ouch! Maybe I should just stop working by getting fired on purpose, wouldn't that be fun? Then I could collect extended unemployment benefits, maybe get one of those food stamp debit cards, government subsidized housing and in a few years even free health care! I'm kidding (I love my job) but when tax time rolls around it always me think and it seems there is less and less incentive to work in America now than ever before.

Fernandes - I would happily pay 70% taxes if I could live near those beautiful Brasilian beaches!

jbkrost said...

ciao..
yeah, its always a question what the govt. will do next, I was just poking a little fun at our situation, I guess 5 months are better that 9. I agree with Matthew, I would love to see those beaches and the surroundings
jb


vienna,
are you in Italy or Austria?
the taxes any where suck, we need that money for our paint and canvas.
Your doing some very nice work!
jb
kiss back at you

Matthew...
Maybe we should go visit Ciao!