statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Monday, March 22, 2010

Hey....
Almost finished with the painting I've been struggling with....
In the mean time I was intrigued with a project posted by Katherine Treffinger entitled "Art and Meaning"
I wrote to her and gave her my honest answer, to my pleasure she took the time to give direction and editing to make it a bit more readable,(My initial response needed a little help, I tended to blut out my answer without taking to time to clean up my thoughts)  Anyway if you have the time click on to her link, check out her blog and check out the other artists involved in the project.....
**at the bottom** click "meaning of art"

I am greatful to her for including me in the project, and including me in such an outstanding group.
also check out Katherine's web-site she has created some very beautiful and powerful work!

thanks again Katherine
jbk

http://www.katherinetreffinger.blogspot.com/

http://www.katherinetreffinger.com/

4 comments:

Momo Luna said...

I'm curious about the painting! And i'll check oput Katherine right away.

Greetings, Momo Luna

Momo Luna said...

I love the interview JB! Good to read what drives you. I knew the work of Katherine already, i like her work also.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

I'm curios too about the painting!

jbkrost said...

Thanks Girls...
yeah I feel a little naked putting myself out there. But I thought it was a cool project to involve myself in.

vienna
I did the painting a while back,
so I dont truly recall what was going on at the time... I tend to emerse myself in what I'm painting at the time, Then move on to the next one. it would have to have a really big meaning to stick out in my head
thanks you guys
jb