statement

Most of my work is a journey, as well as statement of my surroundings. Things happen all around us all the time, whether we acknowledge them or ignore them are always up to us.


I try to record some of mine, but life moves so fast, I just can't get them all, I attempt to nail down a certain Idea, feeling, something I have seen, or story I've been told, an experience that has made a lasting impression..... We all have similar pleasures and fears I attempt to come clean, without spelling everything out, I would rather you try to figure some of these things out, come up with your own conclusion, to have you pay more attention to your own world.


At one point or another we all end up in one of my paintings, what you see here, could help you decipher where you are, where you have been, and where you are going.



Not all of it is pretty.



JBK





Saturday, February 7, 2009




Premio Dardos Award
This morning I received the The Premio Dardos Award from fellow blogger Holly Friesen her blog "The Roaring Inside" is both masterful and personal, from a highly skilled painter and writer.Who is fearless in her explanation of her life and her work. A true artist, who has been an inspiration to me in the short time that I've had the privilege to know and correspond with.

the prize is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.
The rules:
1)Accept the award by posting on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her log.
2)Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

choices are:

Postcards from Detroit
works by Stephen Magsig
realistic and true rust belt paintings
from a corner of the world I am familiar with.

antdeb photos
photos and art work from deborah pipes
from the heartland for all to see

A Tiny Rocket
featuring the work of Erika Lee Sears
a young and curious artist who is
working hard to find her place in the art world and will arrive

KaleidoscopiC
a interesting view from Hattie Carroll
who's heart is on her sleeve and and couldn't care a less.

Daily Drawings
The work of Ester Wilson a fine artist
who's blog showcases her drawing and painting
talent













4 comments:

deborah said...

well, gee, thanks - give me a couple of days to follow through on this.
have been working on both of my blogs and have had some reads & resources to the studio blogs. will pick from those folks....

Ester Wilson said...

i noticed that you had mentioned me here when I came to see your blog yesterday. I appreciate the thought, it's really nice of you. Thanks!

Ester Wilson said...

(btw...i really like the music you play here too)

Erika Lee Sears said...

WOW! THanks a million :)